It’s midway through the holidays, you’re crafted out, screen time has peaked and the “I’m bored!’s” have reached an all-time high. Here’s where we step in, with some creative beauty ideas that will keep them entertained – and you’ll actually enjoy it too. Step into the school holiday salon with these cool buys for the teens, tweens and tiny humans in your life.
- Experiment with a bold eye look with Blossom Coloured Mascara in Lilac Lashes, Daffodil Dreams, Budding Blue, Aqua Verde and Blushing Rose, $13.95: Holidays are for experimenting, and coloured mascara is a fun way for teens to dip into colour without going OTT. If they’re colour-shy, try a coat over the top of the usual black mascara for a hint of hue, or if they want to have some fun, go straight in with a couple coats of colour. TikTok will be all over it.
- Give them a glow-in-the-dark mani with Piggy Paint Radioactive (glow in the dark) natural nail polish, $12.95 and Blossom Double sided Nail File, $2.50: This is how you win at sleepovers. Make a mini nail salon with a quick file and then 2-3 coats of this non-toxic natural nail polish. Wait 60 seconds for it to dry and then revel in the delighted squeals when you turn off the lights. Yep, you’re officially the coolest mum/ aunt/ sister ever.
- Have a mini facial with The Cottage Greenhouse Sea Mud Dry Face Mask, $24.95 and Ingredients Plant Water Face and Body Mist, $39: Who doesn’t love a little spa sesh at home? This DIY mask allows you to mix the mud yourself which only adds to the fun. Apply with fingertips in a circular motion, then let it sit for five minutes to draw out any impurities and clean the skin. Rinse with a face washer and warm water and finish with a spritz of mist to moisten the skin, and a lightweight moisturiser for soft, glowy skin.
- Find their first fragrance with Blossom’s Honey Jasmine, Cactus Flower, Coconut Nectar, Island Hibiscus and Vanilla Orchid Roll On Natural Perfume Oil, $15.95: Finding your signature scent is fun, but somehow helping a tween find theirs is even more delightful. Set up a smell station where they can test and trial their favourites from this natural collection (you can even put coffee beans in a cup to “reset” their sense of smell between each fragrance, just like they do in “reaal” perfume stores) and note down what they like/ don’t like or the things they can smell in each scent. Have a play and layer variants on top of each other for a truly bespoke smell.
- Play with colour-changing lip gloss: Like a mood ring for your lips, Blossom’s Mood Swingz lip gloss in In My Feels and IYKYK , $11.95 are shimmering lipglosses that add a hint of glitter to your lips, while changing colour as your mood changes - FUN. If you’re wanting less sparkle but still with equal levels of novelty factor, try one of Blossom’s Colour Changing Lip Balms, $13.95, which swipe on clear but adjust to a personalised shade of pink (they reach to your pH levels) on application.